From: John Villar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 10:18 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Webapp Directory Root and JSP Include problem.

I think you will have to include at least a "." (dot) before "/includes" or you should remove the first backslash. That's a simple find & replace

Diego, Emil escribi?:

I solved my previous problem.  Thanx for all the assistance.  Now I am hitting another
snag.

When my JSP pages execute I am getting a Exception.
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /index.jsp(24,0) File "/includes/inc_setup_edit.jsp" not found

The jsp pages are stored in /var/www/html/dev_new

And the include files are stored in /var/www/html/dev_new/includes

This used to work in Tomcat 3, but now that I am migrating over to tomcat4 im getting
this error.  Is there something I have forgotten to configure?  I really don't want to
go in and edit hundreds of pages to add the /dev_new at the beginning of each include.

Here is the line that is causing the error:
<%@ include file="/includes/inc_setup_edit.jsp" %>

Here are the changes I made to server.xml: <!-- Add the context for the SBA website --> <Context path="/dev_new" docBase="/var/www/html/dev_new" debug="0" reloadable="true" crossConnect="true">

        </Context>

and workers2.preoperties:

# Map the jsp extension in the dev_new directory to tomcat [uri:/dev_new/*.jsp] info=Extension mapping

[uri:/dev_new/*]
info=Map the whole webapp

Emil Diego
Website Administrator