how many traffic does have your site?.... it could be that you're having lots of hits.... that's just fine with me :-D
Also, check the connection time out, maybe you have lots of connections lingering on your server..... also, check if its from a set of IPs or just one IP that's hitting you.... *could* be an attack (unlikely, but could be)

Randy Paries escribió:

Hello all,

I have this problem that I am looking for any kind of help

I am not sure what is causing it, I just know how It shows itself

A couple of logistical things
RH9
jakarta-tomcat-5.0.24
Apache 2

So here is the problem.
Every once in a while, my httpd and java(tomcat) process go thru the roof
until I run out of threads or max out clients.

For example this morning I was averaging 40 http processes and 50 java
processes. With in 10 minutes I go to 400 http process and 430 java
processes.

I am trying to go thru all the log files but there is nothing so far(the
access logs are huge and still trying to see a pattern.), but the servlet
logs and tomcat logs there is nothing.

Once I restart everything, life is fine for days or hours. This really never
picks a particular time.

I realize this is still pretty general, and that's what I have been fighting
for months.

Any help would really be appreciated. I have a script that runs every 5
minutes that counts the procs and if it goes over a threshold I get a text
message. So I have a log of process every 5

Thanks
randy