Julian wrote:

How about JSTL 1.0?

I've followed several sets of instructions and Tomcat 4.1.30 just doesn't like it. I've been trying for two days.

Hassan Schroeder wrote:
Uh, "just doesn't like it" isn't of much use in helping fix your
problem. And yes, you certainly can use JSTL 1.0 with TC 4.1.30.

Hi Hassan,

I know it wasn't very descriptive but I was more interested in knowing whether or not it is possible. I'm very new to both Java and Tomcat (although I have been a C++ developer for many years) and prefer to solve things for myself. I find I learn a lot along the way doing that. Knowing that it's possible is helpful, so thank you.

As it happens, I've decided to buy a hosting account with a dedicated server and can therefore have any version of Tomcat I like. In the end, I didn't see the point of learning what's already dead and gone.

Thanks to everyone.

Julian