If I log onto the server running my tomcat installation and perform an
nslookup on the ip that is sending the request it resolves.  Running
tomcat 5.0.27 as a service.

-----Original Message-----
From: QM [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: August 31, 2004 10:31 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Access Log Valve

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 10:29:09AM -0400, Sinkinson,Andrew [NCR] wrote:
: true.  I have also changed the pattern attribute to %h so that I can
: just get the  Remote host name in the log file.  In the access log
file
: I only get an ip address per request.  Any ideas on why I am not able
: resolve host names?

Just one -- perhaps the IPs in question do not resolve to hostnames.

Put another way, those IPs may not be resolvable from the Tomcat host.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com