From: John Villar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 8:32 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Reading Servlet OutputStream

Look at the pushBody method of the response class (HttpServletResponse).... that's all you need

Nitin Mulimani escribió:

This question is is more on the Servlet API.

I want to read the servlet output stream and save in some buffer or
file, and then forward it to the client. I use filters to play with the
Request and Response objects.

These are some of the things I have tried.

1)       I have a Wrapper which extends HttpServletResponseWrapper

2)       Constructed a PrintWriter writer = new PrintWriter(new
OutputStreamWriter(origResponse.getOutputStream(), charEnc));

Reader reader = new StringReader(printWriter.toString());

          BufferedReader bufferedReader = new BufferedReader(reader);

          String line;

          while ((line = bufferedReader.readLine()) != null) {

                System.out.println("line : " + line);

          }

3)             bufferedReader.close();

Still am not able to read the response. I can write to the response, but
am stuck at reading the response.

Any pointers.

-- Nitin

-- John Villar Gerente de Proyectos Computadores Flor Hard Soft 2058 C.A. www.florhard.com