The tomcat installer does it right away, you just install it and it even has enabled the autostart mode....

Nelson, Jerry W, Contractor 146CF, SCB escribió:

With your suggestion in item 3, how do you run tomcat as a service?

//SIGNED//

Jerry Nelson

-----Original Message----- From: John Villar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 9:49 AM To: Tomcat Users List Subject: Re: Tomcat 5.0.27 Set Up Problem

Probably, your problem isn't tomcat configuration.... are you sure you're starting it up? (at least, ran the batch file you modified, however, the service approach is much better)
Reread my previous email, it seems like you haven't read all the bits i did include.... lemme include them here, separately

1) Your freshly installed tomcat 5.0.27 (Update to 5.0.28) is prepared to function right out-of-the-box
2) Why do you want to enable the invoker servlet?.... tomcat can function properly without it.....
3) It's much better to run Tomcat as a service on WindowsXP/W2K....
4) If you haven't a proxy server configured, you don't have to check that box.....

Caroline Jen escribió:

<>But, the Tomcat is not configured properly!! I was
able to start the server. Nonetheless, when I typed
http://localhost:8080 in the Windows XP browser's
address bar, I got "HTTP Status 404"!!!

-- John Villar Gerente de Proyectos Computadores Flor Hard Soft 2058 C.A. www.florhard.com