then you should use the <%@ page %> directive..... search the web.... it has a way to specify encoding

Sebastian Ryszard Kruk escribiÃ:

Dnia 08/30/2004 07:01 PM, UÃÂytkownik John Villar napisaÃÂ:

i don't know much about the ".tag" format.... however, if it is an XML based one, you must define the charset of your xml in the <?xml?> tag

Sebastian Ryszard Kruk escribiÃ:

Hi,

I have a strange problem - I use tomcat 5.0.14.

When I try to put some strings with polish letters like "ÅciÄga" in tag file - it results that during the translation to *.java file - this text is being replaced by ÃciÃga - just as it would treat the *.tag file as encoded in Latin1 rather than in UTF-8. Polish letters in *.jsp files are ok, though.

Any ideas ??

Thanks,

skruk

it is not - it is rather a part of JSP page ;-(

-- John Villar Gerente de Proyectos Computadores Flor Hard Soft 2058 C.A. www.florhard.com