From: John Villar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 3:32 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Query: How to auto-recover from a W2K power bounce ...

register tomcat as a service.... i do use it that way and is pretty "bullet proof"... the installer does that for you

Hensley, Doug escribió:

I have a 3rd party app running on W2K Server supported by Tomcat 5.0.27 & J2SDK 1.4.2_05.

I want to set up the box so that Java & Tomcat auto-recover if the box is inadvertently bounced. The batch file which I wrote to establish environmental variables & start Tomcat (to build the server & debug the app) works fine manually but when I define a W2K Started Task & bounce the box, it does not fire. I have the task defined under the server's administrative logon ID.

Any suggestions on a bullet proof autorecovery that is (hopefully) simple to set up?

Thank you,

DH

Disclaimer:

-- John Villar Gerente de Proyectos Computadores Flor Hard Soft 2058 C.A. www.florhard.com