Hi,
Make sure you do a clean installation of Tomcat to a new directory:
don't override the old $CATALINA_HOME.  If you do the latter you might
end up with some old jars and config files loaded.  The fact the
examples don't run suggest a screwy Tomcat installation.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

CNFE,
>and I'm not sure why you're getting the error.  Are there other errors,
>e.g. during server startup, that might be affecting your webapp?
>
>Yoav Shapira
>Millennium Research Informatics

Or
> [...]
>><%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
>><%! String title ="Inloggen"; %>
>><%@ page import="nl.intervision.formbeans.LogonUserForm" %>
>><%@ include file="/includes/prelogintop.jsp" %>
>><%@ include file="/includes/top.jsp" %>
>><HR>
>><TR><TD>
>>
>>My LogonUserForm
_

>>package nl.intervision.formbeans;
>>
>>import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest;
>>import org.apache.struts.action.ActionError;
>>import org.apache.struts.action.ActionErrors;
>>import org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm;
>>import org.apache.struts.action.ActionMapping;
>>
>>import nl.intervision.util.*;
>>
>>public final class LogonUserForm extends ActionForm  {
>>
>>    private String username = null;
>>    private String password = null;
>>
>>    public String getUsername() {
>>              return (this.username);
>>      }
>>
>>      public void setUsername(String username) {
>>              this.username = username;
>>    }
>>
>>    public String getPassword() {
>>              return (this.password);
>>      }
>>
>>      public void setPassword(String password) {
>>              this.password = password;
>>    }
>>
>>    public void reset(ActionMapping mapping, HttpServletRequest
>request) {
>>              this.username = null;
>>              this.password = null;
>>    }
>>

>>    /**
>>     * Validate the properties that have been set from this HTTP
>request,
>>     * and return an <code>ActionErrors</code> object that
encapsulates
>any
>>     * validation errors that have been found.  If no errors are
found,
>>return
no
>>     * recorded error messages.
>>     *
>>     * @param mapping The mapping used to select this instance
>>     * @param request The servlet request we are processing
>>     */
>>    public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping,
>>                                 HttpServletRequest request) {
>>
>>        ActionErrors errors = new ActionErrors();
>>              if (!CheckInput.checkTextLength(username, 1, 50)) {
>>                      errors.add("username", new
>>ActionError("error.username.required"));
>>                      errors.add("usernamewrong", new
>>ActionError("error.usernamewrong.display"));
>>              }
>>              if (!CheckInput.checkTextLength(password, 1, 50)) {
>>                      errors.add("password", new
>>ActionError("error.password.required"));
>>                      errors.add("passwordwrong", new
>>ActionError("error.passwordwrong.display"));
>>              }
>>              if (errors.size() > 0)
>>              {
>>                              errors.add("textheader", new
>>ActionError("error.textheader.display"));

ClassNotFound
>>>Exception.
>>>
>>>example:
>>>
>>>the logonuser.jsp
>>>
>>><%@ page language="java" %>
>>><%@ page errorPage = "errorpage.jsp" %>
>>><%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>
>>><%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
>>><%! String title ="Inloggen"; %>
>>><%@ include file="/includes/prelogintop.jsp" %>
>>><%@ include file="/includes/top.jsp" %>
>>><HR>
>>><TR><TD>
>>>etc.....
>>>
>>>Tomcat throws teh following exception:
>>>
>>>javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Exception creating bean of class
>>>nl.intervision.formbeans.LogonUserForm:
>>java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>>>nl.intervision.formbeans.LogonUserForm at
>>>org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:568) at
>>>org.apache.jsp.logonuser_jsp._jspService(logonuser_jsp.java:106) at
>>>org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
at