Hi,
It's not accurate to say that 500-class HTTP responses are usually application code
bugs.  Server misconfiguration is at least as common a cause for these responses.

The stack trace and error information posted by the OP is insufficient to determine
the cause of the error.

To the OP: do the Tomcat examples run?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics