From: John Villar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 11:03 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Help with Tomcat Install?

Well, certainly your Tomcat setup works fine, look at the end of your response page.... it could be, however, that the default webapp hasn't been installed, check webapps/ROOT and see if it is there, its a default response servlet in the WEB-INF/web.xml file

Lash, David A (David) escribió:

Hi
I am trying to figure out why my tomcat install is not working.

System: Apache 1.3.29
Server: Solaris 8
Tomcat: 4.1.18

I installed tomcat (setting my CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME).

When I go to http://localhost:8080 I cannot display the 'default page'. Any idea why?
Enclosed is the 'page' I receive:

Thanks
dave l

HTTP Status 404 - /
type Status report
message /
description The requested resource (/) is not available.

-- John Villar Gerente de Proyectos Computadores Flor Hard Soft 2058 C.A. www.florhard.com