Yep, that's true.... but T5 is way faster than T4 or T3.... and is comparable to Apache (Yoav's word, not threefold speeds anymore LOL)

John Villar
Gerente de Proyectos
Computadores Flor Hard Soft 2058 C.A.
www.florhard.com

Pablo Lillia escribió:

Sometimes there are old sw, in old servers, that was not upgraded for some (stupid?) reason.

Some examples:
- if the client does not pay for the upgrade
- if there are a old compiled webapp that cannot be replaced

Regards,
Paul

Hmm.... that seems a valid argument.... however, i want to know what every other person in the mailing list says..... i don't think that every T4 user has HP-UX (its a posibillity, however, i've seen comments like "i run tomcat 4.1.x on W2K")

From: "John Villar" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

A question to everyone out there..... why does anyone use nowadays
Tomcat 4 branch?..... isn't tomcat 5 branch more bug free, featurefull
and backwards compatible?
that question has haunted me from the beginning of joining this list.....

Because we're on HP-UX and they have not yet officially blessed Tomcat 5.
That, and Tomcat 4 works perfectly well, I haven't found sufficient
motivation to test everything on TC5 and start developing with the new
features yet.