Hello,

I've configured Tomcat with multiple virtual hosts. However, because of ever-increasing memory usage, (see http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/deployment.html at the bottom), I often have to restart Tomcat. Thus a dozen or so sites all go down for a minute or two while each of them reloads.

My question is, what are people doing to avoid this problem? Are people generally running an individual instance of Tomcat for each virtual host? This would isolate each host and thus prevent the problem I'm having, but it seems like an awful waste of resources especially compared to Apache.

Or, is there a way to restart just one virtual host?

Thanks for your help,

-Anthony Carlos