Hi,

I've just started to use ANT to build my webapp and then deploy
it to Tomcat as a WAR file (using the catalina-ant.jar stuff).

Only having to "release" one file is great, but I've hit a problem
of my own making.  My webapp writes various XML files to datestamped
dir within the webapp <context>. When I deploy the WAR file I purge
all these generated files.

Anyone out there have any suggestions?

Should I use a different <context> to hold my data?

Would it be better to be running Apache as well as Tomcat?

Best regards
Chris