Hi,

I find it strange that when I start TC-5.0.27 (with our extensions) on
Red-Hat-8.0 and Suse-8.1 Rumtime.maxMemory() returns a value that is the
same as Rumtime.totalMemory() just after a couple of minutes and the
application doesn't do too much.

On Fedora-1 the same application (the application is just copied, thus no
compilation takes place) reports much less Rumtime.maxMemory() than
Rumtime.totalMemory() even after days.

Can somebody explain what the reason is?

jdk: 1.4.2-05

I start java with "-Xmx100M".

Red-Hat-8.0:            2.4.18-14
SuSe-8.1:               2.4.20 #1 SMP
FC-1:                   2.4.22-1.2115.nptlsmp

Zsolt