On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 08:58:10AM +0100, Chris Ward wrote:
: I know I could have a separate Tomcat on a different (or the same)
: server dedicated to running the new stuff, but I wondered if anyone
: has any advice on this.

You may want to search the archives -- this question appears frequently.

The short story: search the Tomcat docs for $CATALINA_HOME vs
$CATALINA_BASE.  That lets you setup separate Tomcat instances
(distinct JVMs, server.xml, etc.) but have only one set of Tomcat
binaries.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net