I have an application that I've developed that run strictly on Tomcat.

I've noticed a lot of traffic on this list talking about using Apache
httpd to serve up static content and using mod_jk to have httpd talk to
Tomcat to serve up JSP traffic.  And all of that got me thinking about
doing the same thing - sepecially since httpd is probably faster at
displaying static content....

But I'm left with a question:  My application is delivered to my TC
instance as a .war file.  It seems to me that I'd have to break out the
static content into something else in order for httpd to be able to
serve that content.  Is that the best way to accomplish this?  Or is
there something better that I can do on a *nix installation?

Thanks much!

Bob