right, I checked the 4.1 docs and removed the MimeTypes attribute and it
still doesn't compress.

So i set compression="5" to have it compress any output length > 5 bytes
be compressed.   still didn't work.
any other hints?   thanks much for your replies.

>Yet another reason to upgrade
Posted this problem last week:

I tried tomcat 5 (jdk142) and 5.5 (jdk15) but our servlet doesn't return
any output (compression disabled) from a POST (content-length always 0),
I'm assuming we have to recompile w/the new servlet-api.jar, or we are
having some other strange runtime problem.   this production servlet works
on a number of web servers since 2000.   The output is persisted to a
file, so i know that much works, just not returned to the client. nothing
in logs.
I understand this type of queston is too open ended .... to get any
response.    sorry.
Dave Been

"Shapira, Yoav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
10/22/2004 09:27 AM