On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 10:11:43AM +0100, Mark Benussi wrote:
: Hi I need to secure two directories with a user name and password prompt.
: Just one is fine at the moment. I know I can do this using httpd but I was
: wondering if there was a better solution for Tomcat (5), i.e. by
: configuring something in the server config or web.xml. If anyone has a
: solution I would be really appreciative.

1/ Search the archives (or check a book on J2EE/servlets, or read the
servlet spec...).  This question comes up frequently.  Here's a hint:
"<auth-constraint>"

2/ Please post a *new* message when writing to the list.  Replying to
an old (unrelated) message confuses thread-aware mailers, which makes
your question harder to find (and thus answer).

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com