> From: Hollerman Geralyn M [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> SEVERE: Remote Host /xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx SocketException: Invalid argument

Hmm.  An EINVAL from the socket layer.

Are you running UNIX or Windows?  Depending on which, I'd get hold of a
system call tracer (Unix) or TDImon (Windows), monitor until you got the
error, and then look through the logfile to see which system call was
giving you the error back.  That might give you some insight into what
your system is doing when this occurs...

                - Peter