Hi,
   I am using axis too and am able to deploy it to a
Tomcat5.0.29 with minimal issue. I noticed you have a
META-INF/services/org.apache.axis.EngineConfigurationFactory
 which does not exist on the axis 1.1  I am using.
Isnt it this META-INF/services something to do with
EJB? I dont think Tomcat do EJB stuff.

--- Vy Ho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am sorry that this is a cross post from Axis list.
>  However, I think I
> this maybe more appropriate place to ask, since
> people here may know
> more about application redeployment and frequent
> problems associated
> with it.
>
> What I have is an Axis web application, I want to
> undeploy it, then
> redeploy the application.  When I redeploy the
> application, I get an
> error.  Is this a known problem with Axis?  Is there
> a way to go around
> this?  Or it's the way I do it (wrongly).  Here's
> the error:
>
> - Illegal access: this web application instance has
> been stopped
> already.  Could not load

META-INF/services/org.apache.axis.EngineConfigurationFactory.
>  The
> eventual following stack trace is caused by an error
> thrown for
> debugging purposes as well as to attempt to
> terminate the thread which
> caused the illegal access, and has no functional
> impact.
>
> - Illegal access: this web application instance has
> been stopped
> already.  Could not load

org/apache/axis/configuration/EngineConfigurationFactoryServlet.class.

> The eventual following stack trace is caused by an
> error thrown for
> debugging purposes as well as to attempt to
> terminate the thread which
> caused the illegal access, and has no functional
> impact.
>
> - Illegal access: this web application instance has
> been stopped
> already.  Could not load

org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryServlet.
>  The
> eventual following stack trace is caused by an error
> thrown for
> debugging purposes as well as to attempt to
> terminate the thread which
> caused the illegal access, and has no functional
> impact.
>
> - StandardWrapper.Throwable
> java.lang.ThreadDeath
>    at

org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1221)

>    at

org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1181)

>    at

org.apache.commons.discovery.ResourceClass$1.run(ResourceClass.java:77)
>    at
> java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
> Method)
>    at

org.apache.commons.discovery.ResourceClass.loadClass(ResourceClass.java:73)
>    at

org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder$1.run(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java:122)

>    at
> java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
> Method)
>    at

org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.newFactory(EngineConfigurationFactoryFinder.java:113)

>    at

org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.getEngineEnvironment(AxisServletBase.java:247)

>    at

org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.getEngine(AxisServletBase.java:170)

>    at

org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.getOption(AxisServletBase.java:370)

>    at

org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.init(AxisServletBase.java:110)

>    at

javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:211)
>    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1053)

>    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:886)
>    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3817)

>    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4079)
>    at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:755)

>    at

org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
>    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)

> - Servlet /axis threw load() exception
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for
> servlet AdminServlet
> threw exception
>    at

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1095)