On Tuesday 23 November 2004 17:09, Chris Chappell wrote:
> Hi there

Hi,

> Can anyone give me a pointer how to logout a JDBC Realm  authenticated user
> without closing the browser. E.g. I need a log out button which forwards to
> a goodbye page and does something like  this (fictitious)
> "userSession.expire();" I've had a trawl thriough the docs etc and nothing
> springs to obvious use. Using SSL though don't think this would change
> anything re this.

Just include this: <% session.invalidate(); %> it works on both 8080 (normal)
and 8443 (ssl) connections.

> Cheers, Sorry if this appears 2*, 1st time seemed to get lost :-(
>
> Chris Chappell
>
> (TC 5.0.19 on Sol9 + MySQL 4)
Quinton Delpeche
Internal Systems Developer
Softline VIP

Telephone: +27 12 420 7000
Direct:    +27 12 420 7007
Facsimile: +27 12 420 7344

http://www.vippayroll.co.za/

President Thieu says he'll quit if he doesn't get more than 50% of the
vote.  In a democracy, that's not called quitting.
                -- The Washington Post