On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:44:46 -0800 (PST), Bill Graham wrote:

>Frank,
>
>Thanks for the reply. I'm going to start tryiong to
>debug Tomcat and see what this NullPointer is.
>Let me know if you get anywhere and I'll do the same.
>
>One thing I've read about and experienced was bad
>performance with IBM's vm on Linux w/ Tomcat. You
>might want to try Sun's vm and see if it gets any
>better.

Only don't run in Hotspot mode. Run it in -classic mode.
Because due to some bug in hotspot compiler the JVM
crashes with tomcat. It's a recognized Sun's bug and
funny enough, all the bug reports on that are about
Tomcat -- a rich collection from 3.0 to 3.2b.xy!

(sorry, i've lost the bug id somhow .. :-(  )