From: andy wix [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 4:12 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Runtime exec (again)

Hi,

Still can't get this to work.

There must be some reason why this won't run under Tomcat but does work
stand-alone.
To recap, I am trying to execute the following code on an Xp box with
Tomcat
5.0.27:

Process proc = runtime.exec("cmd.exe /C shutdown -r -f -m \\myPC -t

50");

int exitVal = proc.waitFor();

When this runs the proc exits with a value of 0 but nothing happens (no
re-boot) and no exceptions are thrown.

I have tried running the code from a batch file and without the cmd.exe

/C

bit.

I have tried running Tomcat from the command line (not as service).

I have tried allowing all permissions in the catalina.policy file:
grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/-" {
 permission java.security.AllPermission "*";
};

I CAN successfully set the the system time and date using the same

approach

though.

I have absolutely no idea on this now.

Thanks,
Andy

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender. Thank you.