Tomcat will only look in the web-inf\classes and
web-inf\jar directories for classes.  If the driver is
already packaged in a jar file place it in the
web-inf\jar directory, otherwise place it in
web-inf\classes.

If you have just the classes to the driver, make sure
the package structure remains intact under
web-inf\classes

You might have to restart tomcat for the effect to
take place.

=====