Sarah,

I recall a post a week or so ago regarding the contentType string losing the space after the ;

This may be causing the issue.

PJ

Sarah wrote:

Hi,
  I need to use jsp to display some data in Japanese character from MS SQL
server database.  I have already set the encoding in jsp to be:

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %>

If I use tomcat version 5.0.18, then the japanese character is displayed correctly.  However, if I
use 5.0.28 or 5.5.4, the characters are something like "???".  If I right click the html
page generated from jsp on the above versions, I can see the encoding to be Western instead of
"UTF-8" like what happened with 5.0.18.  Does anyone know what cause this problem and if
any configuration of Tomcat needs to be made.  Thank you very much for your help.

Sarah