From: "Roberto Cosenza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I'm not talking about moderating but about informing the users that this
is
> not the right place.
> Many important (and related) question do not get enough attention in this
> sea of messages.

How do you know that's not happening?  I often reply privately to off-topic
messages, stating that I'm replying off the list because the subject is not
appropriate for this list, and pointing them to the right list or to the
answer if I happen to know it.

I gather this means you've asked a question that didn't get answered...

Wendy Smoak