> From: Susan Hoddinott [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I am wondering what the best way to avoid display of an
> ftp URL is when redirecting to an ftp location.

Are you redirecting the user's browser to that location, or are you
wanting to obtain content from that location to send to the user's
browser via a servlet running under (say) Tomcat?  If you want to do the
former, it's not possible as the browser's address bar / properties
window will show the FTP location.  If the latter, one simple approach
would be to write a servlet that opened a ReadStream on the FTP resource
and repeatedly read from that and wrote to the servlet's output stream;
I have no doubt there would be better and more standard ways if I was
more familiar with the servlet spec!

                - Peter