Ok so it looks like it has always been called test

PJ

Peter Johnson wrote:

I have 5.5.4 and the admin apps tree navigation appears unusable. Could it have something to do with the following

DEBUG http-8080-Processor25 org.apache.struts.util.ModuleUtils - Get module name for path /setUpTree.do
DEBUG http-8080-Processor25 org.apache.struts.util.ModuleUtils - Module name found: default
DEBUG http-8080-Processor25 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor - Processing a 'GET' for path '/setUpTree'
DEBUG http-8080-Processor25 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor - Looking for Action instance for class org.apache.webapp.admin.SetUpTreeAction
DEBUG http-8080-Processor25 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor - Returning existing Action instance

DEBUG http-8080-Processor25 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor - processForwardConfig(ForwardConfig[name=Tree Control Test,path=/tree-control-test.jsp,redirect=false,contextRelative=false,module=null])

DEBUG http-8080-Processor25 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher - servletPath=/tree-control-test.jsp, pathInfo=null, queryString=null, name=null

The tree link is also http://localhost:8080/admin/treeControlTest.do?tree=

It is the "Test" bit that has me wondering. Clicking the above link generates

DEBUG http-8080-Processor23 org.apache.struts.util.ModuleUtils - Get module name for path /treeControlTest.do
DEBUG http-8080-Processor23 org.apache.struts.util.ModuleUtils - Module name found: default
DEBUG http-8080-Processor23 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor - Processing a 'GET' for path '/treeControlTest'
DEBUG http-8080-Processor23 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor - Looking for Action instance for class org.apache.webapp.admin.TreeControlTestAction
DEBUG http-8080-Processor23 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor - Returning existing Action instance
INFO http-8080-Processor23 org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/admin] - action: Entered TreeControlTestAction:perform()
INFO http-8080-Processor23 org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/admin] - action: Entered TreeControlTestAction:perform()
INFO http-8080-Processor23 org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/admin] - action: Tree expand/contract on
INFO http-8080-Processor23 org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/admin] - action: Tree expand/contract on
DEBUG http-8080-Processor23 org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor - processForwardConfig(ForwardConfig[name=Tree Control Test,path=/tree-control-test.jsp,redirect=false,contextRelative=false,module=null])

DEBUG http-8080-Processor23 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher - servletPath=/tree-control-test.jsp, pathInfo=null, queryString=null, name=null
DEBUG http-8080-Processor23 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher - servletPath=/tree-control-test.jsp, pathInfo=null, queryString=null, name=null

Has someone been playing / trying something and checked in the "testing" version somewhere?

PJ

Kelly, Steve wrote:

James,

Thanks for that. That's done the trick. Dunno why there was not a valid
admin.xml file as there is on the Windows install.

However, I still have a problem. I'd expect to see a tree a bit like
this when I get into the admin application:
Tomcat Server
   Service (Catalina)
       Host (localhost)
           Context (/)
           Context (/admin)
           Context (/manager)            Etc....

But I just see as far down as Service(Catalina).

Any clues.

TIA

Steve.