From: Allistair Crossley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: December 21, 2004 12:21 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: How to run servlet for every 30 minutes in Tomcat 4.1.30

myself and ben have suggested the most appropriate methods for doing this.
Ben mentions WGET http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/wget.html which can be
added to a *basic* script hooked up to a cron with an interval of whatever
you like.

you really ought to get rid of threads and thread sleeps inside web
application code.

Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software