The timestamp attribute is a flag as to show or hide the timestamp when a message is logged in the file. It has nothing to do with the file name.

-Tim

Goel, Manish Kumar wrote:

Tim Funk,

I tried it in 5.0.19 version it didn't work for me also but document says it must work and the default value of timestamp is false and my other problem with logger I have already posted it & didn't hear from any one abt. it

problem for creating the separate log file by <Logger ..... />for my application context in tomcat-5.0.19.
that is working fine in tomcat 5.0.27!!!!!
please help me what the settings are to be needed to make it out on tomcat 5.0.19 .
is this bug ???? or AM I missing some thing sample of my context file which is under ..conf\Catalina\localhost\
<Context displayName="SMART" debug="0" docBase="Smart" path="/Smart">
directory="webapps/smartlogs" prefix="Smart_log." suffix=".txt"
timestamp="true"/>
<Context/>