> From: D. Stimits [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I'm trying to debug something, and the individual
> webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/web.xml file seems to be a bit of an
> enigma to me.
[...]
> I went to the DTD's to see what was
> written there. Initially I used this DTD:
> <!DOCTYPE web-app
>   PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN"
>   "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd";>
>
> ...shock and surprise...resource-env-ref is not even in the
> DTD.
[...]
> Incidentally, this tag is properly described in
> http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd.

Which version of Tomcat are you using, and how did you choose the DTD
against which to validate?  Different versions implement different
revisions of the servlet spec, and it's very likely that you're using a
sufficiently recent version of Tomcat that the 2.3 or 2.4 specs are
implemented.

                - Peter