From: Andy Kriger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: January 19, 2005 2:25 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: undeploy/deploy

> Since 5.x, you don't really need to undeploy first, adding
> update="true"
> into deploy task will undeploy your app before deployment..

I added that to my Ant script and removed the dependency on webapp-undeploy.
Still works about as often as it doesn't. The WAR file is removed but the
directory isn't - deploy runs and fails because the path already exists.

This is the Host element in server.xml
<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
       xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">...</Host>

This is the Context element in myWebapp/META-INF/context.xml <Context
antiJARLocking="true" antiResourceLocking="true">...</Context>

Is there any specific logging (Tomcat or system) that I could turn on to see
why the directory isn't always removed on undeploy?

thx
andy