Well, it definitely looks like something to look into.

 Thank you.

 I was thinking about HA options and found this one to be so easy, that
wonder why people are not using it.

 Now, you say,

>I have users that may work on a session for several hours sometimes

 Is this a think-time issue (are they editing a text or something?) or
long-running back end queries? I don't know exactly 'where the shoe hurts',
but in the first case I would just give them a JNL-based application to play
with and for the second case I would use run JDBC queries from JMS and
somehow keep a tag on the query.

 I hope this gave you some ideas