<snip>
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 17:17:03 -0500, Frank W. Zammetti
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One thing worth pointing out about this is that you'll lose the benefit
> of fronting your app server with a web server... You won't be able to
> offload the serving of images, stylesheets and such, from the app server
> to the web server.  That's probably not a big problem in many cases
> where a single server with a decent set of specs can handle the load
> anyway, but in a more robust "enterprise" environment, your really kind
> of defeating the purpose of a fleet of web servers in front of a number
> of app servers.
</snip>

Lo, Frank.  You really don't lose anything.  You just gain a choice.
There is a lot more to be said on this, but you probably would know
everything on this anyway, so I will leave it at that.

Jack

~Dakota Jack~

~Native Proverb~

"Each man is good in His sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be
crows.  We are poor . . . but we are free."

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this