Hi Denny!

Which Realm do you use in server.xml? What are your web.xml-settings? Please post your configurations!!!

 Tex

Hello,
Thanks for your reply.  When I use IE to bring up the
page I get a dialogbox asking for user name and
password.  If I put in a user name and password of a
user on the workstation I can login.  The page shows
the correct user name and says that I have
successfully logged in.  But I get 2 false for the
isUserInRole statements.  I don't know why that is the
case.

Thanks.

Hi!

I'm not sure, but I think your code is OK. The
question is: How did you configure your security realm in web.xml and
server.xml. (request.isUserInRole only works, if the user has
already been authenticated against the web server.)

Best regards,
 Tex

Hello,
I am trying to use isUserInRole in an app within
Tomcat.  The problem is that I consistently get false
as the return regardless of what I pass in.  I am
using J2SE 1.4.2_06 and Tomcat 5.0.  Here is the code
and any help would be great:

import java.io.*;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

public class NtlmHttpAuthExample extends HttpServlet

{

  public void doGet( HttpServletRequest req,
              HttpServletResponse resp ) throws
IOException, ServletException {
      PrintWriter out = resp.getWriter();

      resp.setContentType( "text/html" );
      out.println( "<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>NTLM HTTP
Authentication Example</TITLE></HEAD><BODY>" );
      out.println( "<h2>NTLM HTTP Authentication
Example</h2>" );

      out.println( req.getRemoteUser() + "
successfully logged in" );

out.println(req.isUserInRole("admin"));

out.println("<br>-"); out.println(req.isUserInRole("Administrators"));

out.println( "<h3>Please submit some form

data

using POST</h3>" );
      out.println( "<form
action=\"NtlmHttpAuthExample\" method=\"post\">" );
      out.println( "<input type=\"text\"
name=\"field1\" size=\"20\"/>" );
      out.println( "<input type=\"submit\"/>" );
      out.println( "</form>" );

      out.println( "field1 = " + req.getParameter(
"field1" ));

      out.println( "</BODY></HTML>" );
  }
  public void doPost( HttpServletRequest req,
              HttpServletResponse resp ) throws
IOException, ServletException {
      doGet( req, resp );
  }