> From: Charles P. Killmer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Also the thing that I run into with connection pooling the
> inability to use the SQL Statement of "select @@IDENTITY from table".
> With connection pooling, you run the risk of getting the ID
> for a record that someone else inserted with the same connection.

I'd assume that the insert statement and the check for @@identity are
done using the same acquired connection, though - otherwise this isn't
safe anyway.  If you're checking for errors from the insert, then you
can be certain that the @@identity is yours.  If you're *not* checking
for errors from the insert before using the value, I'd be a little
concerned about your code :-).

                - Peter