On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:51:53 +0100, PA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Feb 12, 2005, at 06:20, Peter Lin wrote:
>
> > For those who are curious. I decided to run apache AB against jetty to
> > see if there are any differences.
>
> If you are into this kind of micro-benchmarks, take a look at Simple:
>
> http://simpleweb.sourceforge.net/
>
> Niall Gallagher ran some comparisons between Apache, Resin and Tomcat:
>
> http://simpleweb.sourceforge.net/performance/comparison.php
>
> Quite instructive :P

Unless Peter does a round of benchmarking on that, I see nothing but
misinformation.

Right now, the test is not very fair (conviniently old Tomcat version;
not the same application code appeared to be running on both servers
as the other one doesn't support the servlet API) and not very well
specified either (there's text about the test, but I don't understand
it in a way that woud allow me to reproduce the test).

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat