> From: Chris Hosler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Are
> there certain directories that should hold the keystore file and other
> related SSL files.?  Does Tomcat expect to see the keystore file and
> certs in a certain default location under  tomcat ? In the past I have
> been told no from Verisign but from the docs that I have read it sure
> looks that way.

Not as far as I can see.  I'm on Windows, and Tomcat 4.0 (not yet done
this on 5.x), and followed
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/ssl-howto.html
specifying '-keystore c:\keys\keystore'.  I then added the following to
my server.xml:

               enableLookups="true"
               acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true"
               useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true">
      <Factory
className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"
               clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS"
               keystoreFile="c:\keys\keystore" keystorePass="..."/>
    </Connector>

Works for me, but your setup may well vary.

                - Peter