> From: Mladen Turk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Antivirus software on a production system?
> You must be joking ;)!

<rant>
Unfortunately not.  All too often, corporate policy says that *all*
boxes must have AV installed on them, and it is increasingly a sacking
offence to disable it.  The larger the corporation, it seems, the more
likely that this is the policy.  Yes, this is a knee-jerk reaction.  No,
I wouldn't expect it to change - in fact, I'd expect it to get worse as
more middle managers play things 'safe'.  So we'll get poorly-performing
systems at best, and subtle errors that cost organisations millions of
pounds at worst, as perfectly innocent filesystem accesses time out due
to poor AV configuration.  But, never mind, some manager has covered
his/her ass, so everything's fine.
</rant>

                - Peter