Since you define your log files relatively, they will end up relative to the
directory where the JVM was started from.  I you use Tomcat scripts, then it
will be in CATALINA_HOME/bin.  If you use the Tomcat service, then the files
will end up in c:\winnt\System32 (unless you changed the base directory from
which the service starts the JVM.

I suggest you use...

log4j.appender.stdout.File=${catalina.home}/logs/catalina.out

Tomcat creates the "catalina.home" system property at startup.  You can use it
to reference Tomcat's home directory and then put the file anywhere you want
relative to that.

Jake