On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 09:47:51PM +0800, Mohd. Jeffry wrote:
: Hi, I'm pretty new with tomcat, 1 month to be exect. So what are the
: standart operating procedure to develop and deploy at linux
: environtment? For the time being this is what I do and it's kinda
: troublesome.
:
: 1. compile my app at /home/devel/myapps
: 2. su as root and move it to /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/myapps
: 3. and chown myapps for tomcat:tomcat.
: 4. and restart tomcat

You could look into setting up a private Tomcat instance for yourself.
This uses a single Tomcat install on the machine, but leaves the
relevant files writable by you.  Look into $CATALINA_HOME vs
$CATALINA_BASE, it's in the docs.

: If possible I don't want to use any IDE tools for time being because I
: want to focus on servlet/jsp and not on IDE.

Good call.  I've seen container/IDE integration cause all sorts of
problems.  Until you're familiar with Tomcat and know what to look for,
this is the way to go.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net