From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mar 1, 2005 11:59 AM
To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Installation problems on Windows

Some more updates...

Tried the .EXE installer with JDK 1.5. Still no go, I get the same
installer hang right after "Using jvm....".

Tried the .ZIP installation again, and verified an accurate JAVA_HOME
pointing to the 1.4 JDK in this case. Running "service install" resulted in
a Failed to install service error.

Does anyone know what the .EXE installer is supposed to do after the "Using
jvm" message? I can't tell if this is a Windows XP/SP2 security problem or
some other JDK problem without knowing what the installer is trying to do
when it hangs.

Also, in case I never get to try Tomcat, is there a recommendation for
other J2EE web/ejb app servers I should try?

Thx,
Steve