I have a Simple JSP page in my webapps/myappname. I
have a utility class which this page will use. The
class file for this should be in
webapps/myappname/WEB-INF/classes. So I put the java
source file in that directory
(webapps/myappname/WEB-INF/classes). Also, a method in
this utility class has HttpServletRequest request as
an argument. This will be passed when this method is
called from the scriplet java code from the JSP page.

The Problem is that the utility java file does not
compile and gives error- Cannot recognize
HttpServletRequest. Shouldn't servlet-api.jar be
automatically visible?

I am using latest Tomcat 5.5.8 and latest JDK/JRE 1.5.
I can avoid the issue by not passing the request
object but still is there a way to pass the request
object?

Thanks!
Rahul.