From: Hassan Schroeder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 12:38 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Scoping of JNDI Resources?

J Malcolm wrote:
> I know you can define DataSources, etc. globally to all of Tomcat using
> <GlobalNamingResources>.  I have also determined that you can define
> individual DataSources inside a webApp's <Context></Context> block inside
> <Host> block.  But are these the only two options?  I would like to define
> DataSources that are scoped to a <Host>, but not global to all of Tomcat.
> tried a few things, but couldn't seem to get it to work any other way.
>
> Is there a way to define a DataSource (or any other JNDI resource) at the
> host level?

You didn't mention what version you're running, but take a look at
this page for the <DefaultContext> :

<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/defaultcontext.html>

> More generally, examples of server.conf are great.  But is there a
document
> that describes all the options and variations of what you do in
server.xml?

It's not a single document, but the Server Configuration Reference
(again, this is for the 5.0 branch, adjust as required) covers it
all, element by element:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/index.html>

HTH!
--