On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 03:57:28PM -0600, Trice, Jim wrote:
:    I'm relatively new to Tomcat support. Has any had any experience with
: RedHat support for Tomcat? We're currently running Tomcat 4.1 and would have
: to upgrade to 5.5 to get support from RedHat. Is it worth it?

I've never used RedHat's Tomcat support.  One question to ask yourself,
though, is whether you need support beyond the mailing list and your own
R&D.

True, there's no guarantee the list will solve any and all questions
you send in; but if you follow the list (to keep note of trends, bugs,
and general advice) and are conservative about upgrades (to avoid being
the first to encounter a bug) then maybe you'll do alright on your own.

(Well, it also helps to keep up with the servlet spec and follow best
practices for J2EE development, but that goes for any container ;)

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com