Graeme Pyle wrote:
Hello,

Can I put my Realm subclass within my webapp instead of inside Tomcat's lib directories somehow?
No. Realms require access to Tomcat internals in order to work.

My custom Realm subclass uses other classes within my webapp, so I'm finding I have to include more and more of my webapp within the Tomcat lib directories - not very nice at all :-(
Indeed.

Or am I missing something? My passwords are in an XML file, so none of the existing Realm classes work for me. Is there a better way?
Realms should be independent of webapp. Any Realm should work with any webapp.

Mark