Hi, Jason
Would you please to give me a sample code in a *.jsp file
to show how to use \\machinename\sharename

I try to use my test.jsp file as follow
-------------------------------
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html;charset=Big5" %>
<%
  String uncPath="\\\\remotehostname\\sharedname";
  java.io.File uncPathF= new java.io.File(uncPath);
  out.print("<br>");
  out.println(uncPath+" exists()="+uncPathF.exists());
%>
-------------------------------
I get: \\remotehostname\sharedname exists()=false
In my Api, I really need to access the 'shareDirectory' in other computers
over network .

If my test.jsp(where 'Y' is mapped) with follow:
-----------------------------------
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html;charset=Big5" %>
<%
String netWorkDisk="Y:\\";
java.io.File netWorkDiskF= new java.io.File(netWorkDisk);
out.println(netWorkDisk+" exists()="+netWorkDiskF.exists());
%>
If I use Tomcat-5.0.18 working in Window2000 and start by startup.bat in
another Dos Window after log-in with administrator,
then the test.jsp will get Y:\ exists()=true

If I use Apache Tomcat-5.5.9 which will give web 'Service' automatically,
(no matter if I log-in with administrator or not log-in)
then the test.jsp will get Y:\ exists()=false;

Please advise
Regards

- NanFei