From: Annie Wang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 3:47 PM
To: Parsons Technical Services; Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: question about load-on-startup in web.xml

i tried putting in a sleep in my servlet's init method, but
$CATALINA_HOME/logs/catalina.out seems to indicate that tomcat waits
for it to initalize..

in my catalina.out, i have:

May 11, 2005 2:12:06 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer
install
INFO: Installing web application at context path /webappX from URL
file:/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/webappX
***webappX***start init
***webappX***end init
May 11, 2005 2:12:06 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer
install
INFO: Installing web application at context path /webappY from URL
file:/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/webappY

any one know if there's a way to make webappY get installed before
webappX?  what determines the install order?  i thought it was
load-on-startup in the web.xml file, but maybe that affects the
ordering of servlet initalization within a web application (if the web
application has multiple servlets), but not the ordering of web
application installation on tomcat startup.

thanks.
-annie

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I may be off base on this one but I think that once Tomcat fires off
the
> > init method it doesn't care or monitor the progress of the servlet.
Just