Hello:
      I am facing a very strange problem in our production environment. We are
using Tomcat 4.1.29 version. We have two applications, one modelled with SOFIA
and another with Webwork. The two applications are running on different servers
and from the SOFIA application, the WebWork application is called by absolute
url from a link and loaded into an iframe within the SOFIA application page.

     The problem is that if  Proxy for LAN is NOT set in IE, then the first
session created for the webwork application on clicking the link from SOFIA
application is lost forever. That is, when i click on the link to the webwork
applcation, a session object is created and the page is rendered. Then when the
webwork application page is submitted, a second (new)session object is created
so the first session scope objects are lost. This leads to application error.
So on debugging I found that if the lan proxy is NOT set, the second request
(Webwork submission) doesn't have JSESSIONID in the cookies collection of the
request header. If proxy is set, the header contains JSESSIONID cookie and
every thing works fine.

   The browser is cookie-enabled and every thing works fine if the request is
coming thru proxy. I also tried with Tomcat 5.0 but the behaviour is same. Does
anyone has a clue of what is happening?

thanks and regards,

-- Kannan.